Boston Pickleball

Boston Pickleball

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Pickler of Distinction

Pickler of Distinction

Karen McCormack

Karen is on the right with her good friend and pickler Paula Callaghan

For a new playing site to be successful, it needs a leader full of enthusiasm and the ability to inspire others. Karen is that special person and the founder of JP pickleball. In a very short time, Karen has made the Jamaica Plain courts the biggest draw in the City. This in addition to be the co-owner of a successful real estate  company. Did I mention she can play? Karen just won bronze at The Founders Tournament in Belmont.


Where did you first hear about PBall?
my business partner Colleen Scanlan suggested we learn and we reached out to Peter Sullivan and after 3 Saturdays of Peter chalking the court and teaching us with patience and energy, I was looking for places to play, reading rules and 
planning vacations where pickleball is played. I give so much credit to Peter for his love of the game that rubbed off on me!

Where do you play now?
JP is my home court, Saturdays are always great and some weeks, my friends and I will play 3 more times during the week.
All outdoors. During the winter, I set up 2 nets on Wednesday mornings from 7-9am at Curtis Hall, area places have popped up too 
(2 in Roslindale and another in Hyde Park)

What do you like most about PBall?

The people! The social aspect was unexpected.
Also, I love the fast paced rallies, the creative shots, and figuring ut a way to get the best of an excellent opponent.

What is your favorite vacation Spot?

Cayman Brac and Florida (Ft Lauderdale)

What is your favorite movie?
"As good as it gets" and "Lala land"
  
What advice would you give new players?

Learn the rules and practice.
Keep a great attitude of learning, and help others learn as soon as you know the rules.



No comments:

Post a Comment