Boston Pickleball

Boston Pickleball

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

P'Baller of Distinction



Camille Power
The other night Camille brought nine new players into the Pickledome. And then she trained them. Its been this way every week. Camille comes in followed by at least a half dozen friends to learn the game. Camille was the first ambassador in Greater Boston. Her enthusiasm for pickleball and life knows no bounds. Its infectious. I've never met anyone with that kind of energy. When many of us are home taking an afternoon nap, Camille is out discovering a new sport to take up. We are so fortunate that she discovered pickleball and I'm so lucky to count her as a friend. Camille is the first Pickler of Distinction.



How did you discover pickleball?

I learned the sport at the Villages in Florida about three years ago. Was addicted

instantly and played the whole time we vacationed there. Then came home and found

out no one ever even heard of the game. That’s when I decided to become an ambassador

to help spread the word in Massachusetts.

Where do you play?

This past year, pickleball has grown by leaps and bounds in Massachusetts. I play in

North Andover, Reading, Danvers, Beverly, and most recently, Malden, MA,

What do you like most about the game?

I like the fact that ANYONE can play – at any age too! It’s fairly easy to learn, and

even if you have no racquet skills. I love the competitiveness, but I also love the social

aspect of the game. I am an avid tennis player, but I can’t play tennis with my teenage

grandchildren, but we LOVE playing pickleball!

What is your favorite movie of all time?

Definitely Titanic. Rose and Jack stole my heart!

What is your favorite beverage?

Black, (any flavor) iced coffee. I drink it all year along!

What is your favorite vacation spot?

Kennebunk Beach, Maine

What has been your most unusual work?

As I worked for a large Boston law firm for 37 years, one of my many unusual tasks was

trying to make a deadline for an overnight package, watching the Fed Ex truck pull away,

and chasing the truck down the street, pounding on the back and having the driver stop to

take my package! All this at midnight (which was their last pickup).

No comments:

Post a Comment